Friday, November 13, 2009

Things I Miss About the 90's

- Supermarket Sweep: God I loved that show. As a "numbers guy", I actually got pretty good at that game, and am pretty sure I could have beat any soccer mom at that game back when this show was on.

- Tecmo Football: I don't care how good technology gets, this will forever be the pinnacle of sports video games. Many have tried, but none will ever match its greatness. Bo Jackson and Christian "The Nigerian Nightmare" Okoye were absolutely unreal in that game.

- RBI Baseball: Not quite as good as Tecmo Football, but close

- The Original Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt: Can't remember if I ever actually rescued the Princess, but man was the adventure amazing. Thanks Ryan and Hillary for bringing back so many great childhood memories with your costumes.

- All of the quality TV shows for kids. What do kids have these days? A bunch of Disney garbage that couldn't hold a candle to the classics us 90's kids were entertained with. Full House, Family Matters, Fresh Prince, and of course the greatest of all Saved by the Bell were all shows that we will never forget. Pretty much every guy my age that I know had a crush on Kelly Kapowski, and every girl that I know + Paul had a crush on Zack Morris.

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cartoon show and the Video Game. Loved them both, couldn't get enough of either one. Raphael FTW!

- Karros, Piazza, Mondesi, and Zeile, with Ramon Martinez and Hideo Nomo anchoring the staff. Aww what could have been?

- Actually being cool and good with the ladies. 5th grade marc1313 was such a pimp with the women, it was ridiculous. Wow was it a very fast, very long descent from there.

- The NFL on NBC theme song, and the Braves on TBS. I hated them, but God watching Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz operate in their prime was a thing of beauty. The birth of the tomahawk chop was pretty cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment