Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Plus One

Alright this was discussed extensively on a long ago episode of How I Met Your Mother (tonight's episode was amazing btw for those of you who missed it), but one of my college buddies invited me to his upcoming wedding, and just like Ted Mosby, I don't know whether or not I should reserve a spot for a +1 or not. Ok this is going to need a further breakdown:

Arguments in Favor of Saying +1

- I'm displaying to myself confidence that I will have a girlfriend at the time that the wedding takes place.
- If I actually have a girlfriend at that time, then this would be a great day for both of us...she would get to meet all of my college buddies, we will both enjoy a fantastic day in the perfect romantic setting, and may become closer as a result of it
- Even if I don't have a g/f at the time, I am sure that one of my platonic female friends would go with me, and good times would be had.
- Having a female friend to drive me home= I can get a nice buzz going on, which will give me added confidence to approach hot single/vulnerable/horny chicks at the weddding= I may actually get lucky.
- I'm not going to know that many people there, and if I go alone, and am placed at the wrong table, it could be a very long night. On the other hand, it could be a blessing in disguise. I'm pretty good at meeting and socializing with new people, so I could make some new friends. Hmmm...this was more complex and complicated than I thought.

Arguments Against Saying + 1

- We all know that no matter how hard I try, I will NOT have a girlfriend at that time. I am just too unattractive, and incompetent around the fairer sex to have a shot in hell.
- Save the bride and groom money
- Allow me to relax a bit more and catch up with some of my old friends that I haven't seen in a long time
- Flying solo= Single/vulnerable/horny chicks might actually approach me in their desperate state, and I might get lucky without having to consume alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment