Monday, September 7, 2009

Two Recurring Dreams...Thoughts/Analysis anyone?

Alright as many of you know, since my splenectomy a few years ago, I have nightmares/unpleasant dreams just about every single night, so nothing really fazes me, but these two definitely caught my attention due to their complete randomness, and intensity. Any dream analysts out there, or wanna be Freuds want to offer up their opinions/analysis?

Dream #1: I "wake up" in my bed, and am usually drenched in sweat, in pain, or something else unpleasant is going on. Sometimes there is action and/or people around, and sometimes there is not. Anyways, I am unable to speak (it's almost like my mouth is closed shut like in the Matrix), my entire body is completely, or almost completely paralyzed, and occasionally I am blind and/or deaf. I desperately attempt to move around or talk, and sometimes I'm able to roll myself out of bed but once I'm on the floor I can't move any farther beyond where I landed.

Now this sequence lasts for ohh say 2-5 minutes, before I "wake up" AGAIN, and the same sequence repeats itself. There are usually around 5 sequences of this, before I wake up for real.

Dream #2: Let me preface this by saying that I have no fear of heights, water (I can't swim well but I love pools and going to the beach), or extreme activity. I've always wanted to go skydiving. Ok, in this dream, there are two platform/loading dock type things about a mile or so apart from each other, and about 5-6 stories high. In between them is a lake, and there is no other way to get from one side to the other, unless you swim, or paraglide.

Some external force (in the most recent dream it was two very unpleasant human beings with guns) forces me and sometimes a couple of my friends to paraglide from one side to the other, in order to achieve safety. Now on top of that, I am always forced (for one reason or another) to carry a bunch of very heavy stuff whilst paragliding, and dropping any of said items somehow results in my death.

Alright shoot away....yes I know I'm a sick crazy fuck who is beyond all help.

No comments:

Post a Comment