Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Question About Different Languages

- Alright I can understand the concept about creating new words and maybe different expressions/ways to express yourself, but when it comes to the simplest/most basic words in language, i.e. simple prepositions, adjectives, verbs, who decided to create a different language for said words?

- Obviously there was one original language, way too lazy to look it up, and as mankind expanded different languages were created in different regions, but why? And why have so many different languages been created throughout human history?

- I can understand the idea behind different dialects, i.e. the difference between American English and British English, but to create an entirely different language with completely different bases just seems bizarre to me, but more importantly is the concept of why said differences came about?

- The more I think about this, the more it is driving me nuts, so if there are any linguistic experts out there, please comment, facebook, call, text me like right fucking now because this is bugging the shit out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment