Wednesday, April 7, 2010

McNabb to the Redskins?!

This move was an absolute shocker to me and I'm sure many NFL fans. I personally think that this was a terrible move by the Eagles, trading a franchise quarterback to a DIVISION rival, and not getting a 1st rounder in return. Granted the 2nd rounder from the 'Skins will be 5th overall in that round, but still they are hedging all their bets on Kevin Kolb panning out.

Kolb played well in two games last year where McNabb was out, and he certainly has tons of weapons around him: Jackson, Celek, McCoy, and next year's breakout player: Jeremy Maclin. Still, I think you have to get 1st round compensation for McNabb, or improve a defense that needs some parts after trading away Sheldon Brown and Chris Gocong. I still love the Eagles, and think Kolb will play well, but the Redskins just got really good. Assuming they draft their left tackle in the 1st round (Okung) they will have a solid offense, albeit with a slew of aging running backs (I expect them to draft at least one running back this year) and a stout defense. Santana Moss and Chris Cooley just shot up my ffb draft boards.

In short, holy fuck the NFC East is going to be incredibly competitive next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment