(1) The MLB Playoffs: Can't remember a year when all of the playoff teams were so balanced. Even the Tigers (assuming they hold off the Twins) have a solid top of the rotation in Verlander and Jackson, and red hot MCab and Guillen. This year, it truly is anybody's crown for the taking.
(2) College Football kicking into prime gear, with conference play getting under way, the annual Red River Shootout, SEC clashes galore, and the tradition of USC-Notre Dame in South Bend.
(3) The NFL season entering the heart of the season, and bye weeks and injuries driving fantasy football geeks off the wall crazy.
(4) Ryan, Morgan, and Hillary's birthdays, and concluding the month with Halloween. That's a lot of really really great times, with great friends.
(5) "Law Abiding Citizen" the Movie starring Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx. The trailer looks soooooo sick.