Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Murder Mystery Preview

Want to try something new, different, and exciting, so I'm going to write one chapter each day for the next 5 days, concluding with the grand finale on Thursday night. I actually don't think I've ever written dramatic fiction before (so the first couple parts might be poorly written, but I should get better as the week goes on), and comedy and commentary are definitely my stronger suits, but this sounded like a great idea the other night, and I want to follow through. Holy fuck this is going to take a long time to write (still brainstorming on Word), so excuse me while I go make myself a drink....Ok I'm back, let's see a few other things I wanted to say before we get started: (1) some parts may be longer than others, depending on the flow of the story, what I think is important, etc. etc. (2) I have no idea if I'm going to leave clues as to the killer's identity or not, I probably will but I doubt that there will be anything obvious. I always liked movies where the story is so great, that the killer's identity becomes of secondary performance, and that is one of my goal's here. (3) I promise there are going to be no ra tarded super human people coming back to life/alien crazy shit/any other insane stupid shit that Hollywood tries to pass off as drama these days. All the characters will be real, and human. I hope that you enjoy, and if this goes well, look for more of the same in the near future. (4) Every good writer knows that your aim should be to "show" rather than to "tell", but for the sake of condensing these chapters into a short enough window that you will all want to/have time to read them, and for the sake of my sanity, I will do a lot of "telling" here, and for you writing Nazi's out there, I apologize in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment