It's ridiculous how into this tournament I am getting. Great tie by the USA against England. Yea they got lucky on the goal, but sometimes you create your own luck. Howard played out of his mind, although I hated the settle for a tie mentality that they took throughout much of the 2nd half. 1 point was nice but 3 would have been monumental.
- Germany has looked the best of the powers so far, although Brazil is in a league of their own. North Korea did a great job of neutralizing their fire power, but they are clearly in a league of their own, and it's going to be very tough for anyone to beat them unless they beat themselves.
- Except possibly for Spain, who were upset in the tournament shocker by Switzerland. Still like their chances to beat Chile and Honduras and advance to the Round of 16.
- LOL France! No Goals in 2 games, and a team in total turmoil. Their defense against Mexico was atrocious, they basically handed Mexico 4-5 really good scoring chances, and Mexico took advantage. Definitely a team that should be feared.
- More talk later, I'm slowly learning and gaining an appreciation for this game. One thing that can't be denied is how tough these players are, as the beating they take in games is sick. Hoping for a USA win against Slovenia tomorrow, pretty much a must win game, else we'll need the Brits to lose at least one of their final 2 matches.
- My Final 4 right now: Brazil, Germany, Italy, Argentina