Just an unreal set of matches and without a doubt the best drama of the tournament. Friday was a non-stop roller coaster ride of emotion.
- Still in shock that Brazil melted down like they did. Melo better file for Dutch citizenship b/c if he returns to Brazil it's GG Him. Credit the Dutch though, they took advantage of Brazil's mistakes, and their keeper made the save of the tournament on Kaka's shot late in the 1st half to keep his team in the game.
- What can be said about the Uruguay-Ghana game that hasn't already been said. Let me start off by saying that Forlan is the best player in this tournament. The guy is all over the field, plays solidly from end to end, has probably the best ball control of anyone that I have watched, and has perfect touch on his passes and shots. A complete player, who has led this unlikely underdog to the semis.
- Now for those of you who might call Suarez's handball unsportsmanlike, STFU! YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! Suarez saved his team from sure defeat to at least give Ghana a chance to choke the game away and they did. How do you NOT at least put that shot on goal, if the keeper saves it tip your cap to him, but you have to put that shot on net!
- Uruguay was the better team in the first 90 whereas Ghana dominated extra time due to better conditioning/athletes, but in the end Uruguay seized the day and it's hard not to root for them.
- WOW just wow at Germany. Other than a loss when they had 10 men, this has been the best team in the tournament and it's not even close. Argentina was arguably the best team so far, but just got dismantled by fantastic midfield play from Schweizennger (sp?) and their slew of strikers. Messi has to be the biggest disappointment of the tournament, but nobody is beating Deutshland if they play anywhere near the level they did yesterday.
- Spain has really showed me something. They've shredded the label of the goat country, and cracked two of the best defending sides in the tournament back to back. David Villa is playing out of his mind right now, but Spain wins games with their insane midfield play from Iniesta, Xavi, and I forgot the other guy's name. Their ball control is a splendor to watch, their keeper Casilla is as clutch as they come, and although Paraguay showed plenty of grit, Spain was by far the better team and deserved to move on. LOL @ the officiating in this game btw. WOW FIFA just WOW, you guys really need to get your act together.