Keep in mind that I am probably the biggest pessimist when it comes to my team in the Western Hemisphere, so take my complaints with a grain of salt.
- We might have the worst 6-8 hitters in MLB history
- Tony Gwynn and Jamey Carroll need to be playing every day and hitting 1-2 in the lineup until they give us a reason not to (except against lefties where Thames subs for Gwynn)
- Really really like the back-end of our pen (Guerrier, Kuo, Broxton) should be tough to overcome if we have the lead after 6.
- Kershaw has become the ace that he was born to be! I've always said the day he cuts down on the walks, is the day he becomes one of the 5 best pitchers in the game. 4 walks in the first 3 games, and look at the results.
- Matt Kemp is just not real right now, and I love what Davey Lopes has introduced to the club. For a team that doesn't hit for power, aggressive base-running is going to be paramount to our success, and we are running, running often, and running with success, and I love it!
- Chad Billingsley: I've always been his biggest fan and supporter in good times and bad, but it's getting hard to. He's so mentally weak, and his inability to protect a lead is beyond maddening.
- Really happy for Garland's return, and with Padilla close behind, this team is going to have a deep staff. Lilly's off to a rocky start, but he'll turn it around, and Kuroda has been amazing!
All in all, can't be too upset with 6-5 given the teams we've had to play. Our April schedule is brutal, so if we can just survive it, I like our chances to make a strong run in the rest of the 1st half.