Wednesday, October 28, 2009

If You Had Your DeLorean?

and could go back in time to any 3 places/dates/time periods in history, what would they be and why? I don't think this shit up, really, it just comes to me. It's a gift, and a curse! Actually, I just heard a song that reminded me of Back to the Future, and of course my brain makes this leap, am I really still talking?

(1) Washington D.C., Los Angeles, California, New York, New York, and Dallas, Texas: August 1963-February 1964: Going to the World Series with my grandfather that I never met before he passed away, my grandmother that I hardly remember, The Million Man March, The I Have a Dream Speech, KOUFAX and Drysdale, Scully in his prime, sweeping Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, and Whitey Ford in the World Series, being in Dallas on November 22, and discovering the truth about the JFK assassination, and the beginning of Beatles mania, I mean do I really have to go on? So much great Dodger, baseball, and American history happened in this short time period, to make this an insta call.

(2) God I hate this one. I've changed it like 3 times already, ok so let's just stipulate that you can't change the world, maybe your circumstances, but not the world's. With that in mind, I'll go with 1776 for the signing of the Declaration of Independence, just to be there for the birth of this great nation.


(3) 2002 just to ask one person one question. It's really starting to upset me that so many of my posts end up at this same place, and I honestly had no intention or thought of this when I started the post, but when I started thinking about going back in time, this was where I ended up.

No comments:

Post a Comment