Sunday, March 14, 2010

Movie Review: "She's Out of My League"

- Alright, let me preface, in case you couldn't tell from the trailer, if you are an uptight prick, or a movie snob, you're probably not going to like this movie.
- However, if you have a sense of humor, and lets face it if you read this blog, you clearly do, then you're probably going to thoroughly enjoy this movie.
- Don't mistake my love of this movie for critical praise, it's not going to win any Oscars, though it won't win any Razzies either. Critically speaking, it is merely slightly above average.
- But, this movie wasn't made to win any awards, it was made to make us die of laughter, while maintaining some heart, and giving us "moodles" some hope, guidance, and confidence, which it absofuckinglutely did on all counts.
- Perhaps the greatest compliment that I can say about the movie, is that I can't figure out who was my favorite character, because they were all awesome, all pulled their own weight, and contributed to the funnies. Absolutely no weak links in the cast, and the characters who were comic unfoils, did their job well, quietly ceding to the characters who were designed to make us LOL.
- Seriously can't remember the last time I had this much fun at a movie theatre, the laughs never let up, I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish, and perhaps most importantly, like "The 40 Year Old Virgin" this raunchy comedy still managed to have some heart, and tell a solid story.

Grade: A...and I never fucking give those out. Many many memorable scenes, and just 2 hours of unrelenting super awesomeness, this film has instantly made my top 10 favorite movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment